I don’t make resolutions. I make goals. And normally when I make my yearly goals I don’t write them down because at the end of the year, if I didn’t accomplish them, did I really make them in the first place? :-)
But this year’s different – this year, not only am I writing them down – I’m publishing them.
Say hello to goal #3. But I’m getting ahead of myself. Before I tell you anything more let me share with you my super easy but somewhat challenging goals for 2012. I decided to make 12 goals just so my post title could rhyme. :-)
Okay, here they are!
1. 14 Word Designs by February 14th. I started my own business called “Word Design Boutique” Hop on over and check it out (ps…it’s not up and running yet so check back often) :-)
2. Complete 1 organization or house project each month. I cannot stand clutter and mess. So why, then, does my house look that way every so often? So, rather than try to tackle all 1200 sq. ft. at once (and fail), I’m going to split the house up into monthly projects.
3. Blog 1 time each week on each of my blogs:
- www.thecenterhouse.com …this one! Hello! Welcome :-)
- www.abeliaevents.com …my wedding coordination business in Portland, Oregon. If you need Day of Coordination I would love to meet with you and see how I could be part of your special day!
- www.chongsaroundtheworld.com …my husband Chris and I absolutely LOVE to travel. We are especially fond of food and trying new things. This is our blog about traveling and all the things we find (& try!) on the way.
4. Take my supplements daily. I went to see a naturalpath at Bridgeport Wellness Center to get help losing weight. Now I feel great and learned a lot about my body and what it needs, and part of that is to take my supplements. Which I have not been doing well. At all. Hence this goal.
5. Go to the gym at least 3 times a week. My husband (Chris) and I have actually been doing this the last month or so. The goal is to KEEP doing this!
6. Book at least 5 weddings this year. I already have 2 booked (yay!) now 3 more to go!
7. Set up and launch a party package with Tami. One of my good friends and I had an idea to create a bachelorette/bridal party package at her gorgeous hair salon in Beaverton, Oregon. We’ve talked about it, now I’d love to make it a reality!
8. Put together a family cookbook. Chris and I have favorite recipes but we always seem to need to look them up every time we want to make something. I think we have enough foods that we love enough to put together our own little recipe book.
9. Attend 4 Conferences. I believe that you never stop learning and that one of the greatest investment you can make is in yourself. I have learned more about what my passions, dreams, goals, hopes are by going to financial, motivational, and small business conferences.
10. Travel to 4 different places. We already have planned: Hawaii in January, Mexico in April (for our 4 year anniversary! yay!), and the East Coast in June or July. What will be the 4th? hmm. :-)
11. Have 1 activity per month with my high school girls outside of wednesday nights. I lead a group of the best sophomore girls at my church and seeing them only once a week is just not enough!
12. Do 1 investment on my own. I have talked about investing all last year and have yet to take that step. I don’t want to look back 10 years from now and realize I only ever talked about it and never did. My favorite motivational book: “Rich Woman ‘Because I Hate Being Told What to Do‘” by Kim Kiyosaki. Read it. You’ll love it!
What do you think? Have you made any goals for 2012? What are your 12 in 12?